[3830] CQ160 CW FO8RZ Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f5phw@free.fr
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW FO8RZ Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:27:01 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: FO8RZ
Operator(s): FO8RZ
Station: FO8RZ

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Tahiti
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 41  State/Prov = 16  Countries = 4  Total Score = 7,600

Club:

Comments:

Hello everybody

The main goal was to contact the last states needed for 160 WAS.

Only one new state : NH. Tnx KC1XX

First night:

I started late around 0730Z, 2 hours after SS.
Only 25 QSO during first night.
I sent CQ and I was praying to be spotted on the cluster.
I made few QSO, saw that wa7lnw skimmer was receiving me a lot of time, but no
more QSO.It was really difficult. I stopped around 03h00 local time.
Tnx to KH7 station who spotted me.

Second night:
It was the same thing. CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ and nothing.
Was scanning the band a lot of time.
Heard US stations below 1830 with gud sigs.
Heard PJ2T 599 but US stations were louder.
Congrats to those who were watching the skimmer, it can pay ! KC1XX did it I
think.

Total QSO 41.
160 is a really difficult band.
Often, stations were calling me and I was asking myself it was for me or not.
When you receive someone, you have to do make the QSO quickly because QSB is
very deep.

Even if the score is not big, I was very happy to make this 41 QSO ...

Thanks to all who called me or spotted me.

Tnx to KC1XX for NH 45th state.
I have now 45 states contacted.
41 confirmed via LoTW.
Need to confirm : LA MD MS NH
Need to contact and confirm : CT KY RI SC SD

All the best from Tahiti.

FO8RZ Phil