[3830] CQ160 CW K7BG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7BG Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:54:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 21:57

Total:  QSOs = 841  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 24  Total Score = 183,951

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

My birthday falls on or near this contest every year and having just turned 52 I
now find myself officially playing with a full deck. Even though the XYL was out
of town for the weekend and I had no good excuses not to stay up all night I
still got about 4 to 5 hours of sleep both nights so as to keep the SWR down on
my circadian rhythms.

The only state missed was Mrs. Ippy. I heard her a couple times S&Ping, but I
never found her parked anywhere so no opportunity to have a visit over tea and
crumpets.

I have the AL-1200 on the bench with a QSK board issue that I am
procrastinating about so dusted off the Drake L-7 to keep the coffee cup warm.
I ran it in the low power CW position most of the time to do my part in
fighting gorebull warming. Speaking of that, the snow static the first night
was pretty bad and condx treacherous towards EU. The second night wasnâ??t that
much better from here in the NW from my perspective. Especially when compared to
2009 which was the last time I operated over 20 hours in this test. This
yearâ??s score is about half of â??09â??s.

2011 QSOs =   841  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 24  Total Score =183,951
Op time-22:41

2009 QSOs = 1058  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 55  Total Score =392,672
Op time-21:57

The auroral oval seemed a bit harder to penetrate this year from the north of
W7. I could hear lots of guys to the south working stuff easily that I could
hear, but found difficult to work.

Thanks to all for the great time once again.

Mattâ?"K7BG