[3830] CQ160 CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 01:06:13 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MAZOTOS
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 282  State/Prov = 2  Countries = 57  Total Score = 154,976

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Dipped in and out of this one. I have a simple set-up for Top Band as dictated
by my plot size and used to gain a few extra mlts in all band events so no
serious entry would ever be possible but I can join in to have a bit of fun.

Operation was 99% S&P. Sat was much better than Sun when sigs were very weak
with little dx to be heard, in fact I didn't add a single mlt on Sun evening
and ran out of new ones to work as low power is not enough to penetrate the
shoulder to shoulder big guns to get to the weak sigs underneath. There are
still too many guys who make big noise but have cloth ears. What is the point
of large amps when the rx antennas are no good? - it should be attention to
antennas first before power, continual cq's when you don't hear callers are
just continual unecessary qrm.

I was pleased to work 57 dxcc and 2 US States which is a result for this
antenna. When there is no pressure to compete it is a pleasure to stop by at
the 4O3A'S, P33W'S etc to admire the operating and see how much of the stuff
they work you can hear, not a lot in my case when it came to the far dx and
really shows the benefits of beverage antennas, so necessary to deal with
atmospheric noise and strong adjacent sig qrm on this band.

Eqp't - TS570 - 100w.  End fed nominal quarter wave sloping from, and fed
against my tower 15m up, - no radials possible. logging with 'SD'

73  Brian 5B4AIZ.