[3830] CQ160 CW N1UR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ur@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N1UR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 02:46:08 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 890  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 49  Total Score = 308,200

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first time doing the CQ 160 CW full out.  I actually slept a few
times when I shouldn't have since I was recovering from some Asia jet-lag.  But
I enjoyed the contest.  I thought conditions were okay, but not great.  EU was
workable certianly but not strong and not in volume like the CQ CW 2010
contest.  But enought to be fun (I had probably 40 answer CQ and the rest were
S & P).  Was surprised to miss MS as a state.  The other was SD.  And missed
MB, NT, YT, LB.  The 49 country total seems pretty good but hard for me to tell
other than looking at past years and it would seem that 2009 was epic and 2010
was better than this year.  Can't make the SSB test for this but will
definately be back for this next year.  It was fun.

Antennas: 65 ft T-Top vertical with 45 1/4 wave radials. Beverage to NE 900
feet terminated.  Beverage to West 600 feet terminated.

Note: I did the whole contest SO2R as I can listen on the NE beverage while
transmitting.  This greatly helped the EU count.