[3830] CQ160 CW K9YC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9YC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:36:17 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 416  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 12  Total Score = 65,024

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As a continuing protest against scoring rules that benefit the east coast (and
make them not want to work the west coast), I again ran this contest low power,
unassisted  I put in 16 hours.

Conditions were pretty stinko Friday night, but very good for most of Saturday
night, especially to the east. I was thrilled to work Zone 14 (Portugal and
Azores), Zone 19 (Asiatic Russia), Zone 33 (EA8), and Zone 25 (JA) with 100
watts. Also worked PJ2T, and several KH6, making it a technical WAC in two
nights. Another plus -- I managed to work W1OP (RI), who is usually VERY hard
to work with 1.5kW!

The downside was somewhat reduced activity from Zones 4 and 5. Compared to last
year (also 100W) I worked 20 more Zone 3 stations, but 22 fewer from Zone 4 and
12 fewer from Zone 5. Never heard VK, ZL, or anyone else in that direction,
usually pretty easy for me. Heard P49V, V31, and CE1/K7CA, but couldn't raise
them.

Thanks for all the Qs.

73, Jim K9YC