[3830] CQ160 CW JA1XMS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, makoto@ki.nu
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW JA1XMS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 04:03:36 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: JA1XMS
Operator(s): JA1XMS
Station: JA1XMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chiba, Japan
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 74  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 17  Total Score = 10,128

Club:

Comments:

With 100W output (TS-590 indicates output is about 70W), it
is not easy to contact EU and NA stations. Besides, I had a
problem on antenna on the first day. One half of inverted Vee
got lose connection, and impedance and SWR are both
infinite. The outside was already dark and I gave up to fix at
the moment. Instead, with AH-4 TUNER from ICOM, connecting
each Coax lead to AH-4 hot end and the ground respectively, I
managed to transmit and receive, and worked 14 DX and 9 JA
stns on the first night. The most impressive Q was with N7DD, his S
read was only 4 at the moment, he quickly returned my
call. Thanks.

During the daytime of next day, I have fixed the antenna.  SWR
gets 1.1 on 1815kHz.
I have worked 22 JA and 29 DX stations. It was my first
experience to contact EU stations other than (used-be) U zone.

Thanks for picking up my weak signals.
35mH inverted Vee, TS-590, N1MM Logger, K1EL Winkey (USB).

TS-590 50Hz width filter was terrific. For S&P, it is really
great.