[3830] CQ160 CW PI4W Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PI4W Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:03:36 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PI4W
Operator(s): PA8F + PA3GVI
Station: PI4W

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 964  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 69  Total Score = 567,528

Club:

Comments:

What a nice event but very crowded band during the two nights we were active.
First night conditions appeared not al that good to the USA but the second
night was much better with a nice opening to the Mid-West and West Coast during
the greyline.
With no receiving antennas and just the 90 foot vertical we didn't do to bad at
all.
It was not difficult to crack the pile ups for the DX stations but often
Europeans kept calling without hearing the DX, as it seemed.
Multipliers that got us smile were C6, VP9, JT, HI, KP2, P4, PJ2.

Equipment:

TRX: K3
Amplifier: AL-811 (400 watt)
Antenna: 90 foot vertical (base loaded)