[3830] NA Sprint SSB W9RE HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W9RE HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 07:37:50 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   73
   40:   84
   20:   81
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Snowbound

Comments:

Agree with most other comments on the SSB Sprint.  I keep thinking it can't get
any worse but it seems to.  Propagation and participation were bad.
Propagation for me on 40 was especially bad because the strong signals were
from an area CO that isn't heavily populated.  The 6's and 7's on 40 were
almost all very weak here.

I worked 67 Q's where the number was #1 or #2.  Discovered my friendlier CQ
(anyone, state and name) worked a lot better then regular CQ.

Missed AL, CT, IA, KY, MI, MS, NJ, NE and VT!!!  And I thought I was doing ok
on mults because of a lot of #1's.