[3830] NA Sprint SSB W1WBB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W1WBB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:31:14 -0800
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - February

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 2:05

   80:  40     1:25
   40:  22      :40
   20:   0        0
---------------------
Total:  62     Mults = 29  Total Score = 1,798

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Put in only about 2 hrs and glad I did...previous experience has shown recent NA
SSB Sprints to be painfully sloooow for the full 4 hrs, esp. with LP and limited
antennas.  Activity level is just too low.  Many other's comments show this to
be the case for this year's event too...changes for this contest appear to be
*essential* if it is to continue.

Certainly, schedule it on a weekend WITHOUT a major contest like CQ WPX RTTY.
Promote it strongly within the ranks of regular CW Sprinters and contest clubs.
 Encourage activity from the *many* missing multiplier areas, as additional
available mults sustain the fun.  Perhaps reduce team participation maximum to
5, vice current 10 members, making it easier to field a full team.   Improve
recognition/awards for top categories and area achievements.  Other ideas??

Sprint IS a fun format, including on SSB.  Hope it can be revived on Phone.
As it now stands, I'll only be a part-timer at best in this one.

Sorry to lose KB9OWD part way thru QSO on 80m due to sudden big QRM nearby.  We
never did reconnect.  Got started late at about 0125Z and went straight to 40m.
After later move to 80m for awhile took a 1/2 hr break due to many unanswered
CQs.  Returned for final 45 mins with numerous ops providing me with very low
or single digit serial #s.  Good to work many familiar calls and hear the
voice, esp. from the Thurs Nite CW Sprint gang.

73,

Bill  W1WBB