[3830] RTTY WPX N2KI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ki@hvc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX N2KI SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 16:28:49 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: N2KI
Operator(s): N2KI
Station: N2KI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 29.3

------------
   80:  103
   40:  385
   20:  372
   15:  215
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Station:

FT1000MP, Alpha 9500 Amplifier
OptiBeam 12-4 @ 21 meters, Wire Dipole for 80 meters @ 17 meters.
WriteLog

This was a fun packed contest and my first with the new amplifier.  All the
equipment, especially the amp, worked flawlessly (special thanks to Bill, W6WRT
- thanks Bill).  Its always a nail biter when you make changes to the station or
equipment and then have to put it through the acid test.  I did not participate
the entire event due to a work commitment on Sunday for 6 hours.

Some new contacts for me: E21YDP,B3C

Japan seemed to open up on 20 meters Sunday afternoon.  40 was screaming as was
15 on Saturday. 80 meters was so-so.  Sadly, no 10 meter opening, at least not
from here.  The bands were definitely crowded and certainly justifies the need
to have narrow filters and am glad I do.  Not too much in the way of
interference that I can say.  I did have a faux pa on 40 Sunday afternoon by
accidentally knocking my VFO and more than likely QRM'd  someone.  Sorry about
that.

I had a great time.  Thank you to all whom I worked.