[3830] RTTY WPX 8P9ME SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3me@n3me.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX 8P9ME SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:25:13 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: 8P9ME
Operator(s): 8P9ME
Station: 8P9ME

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:    5
   40:   97
   20:  438
   15:  379
   10:    4
------------
Total:  923  Prefixes = 439  Total Score = 1,062,380

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone, who participated in the contest!

I operated, two weeks before and during the contest, from a private, rental
home known as "Surfsong" located on the south east coast of Barbados in the
Town of Wellsong, St. Philip Parish.  The house is located on a large piece of
property and is about 100' from the edge of a cliff directly above the Atlantic
Ocean.  Information about the rental property can be obtained from:
amybeam@yahoo.com

Our compliments to the local folk, all of whom were extremely pleasant and
graciously assisted us even when we experienced a flat tire.  We spent several
days touring the island and were charmed by the beauty of all we observed.
8P9NX, Peter Cross, obtained my license for me just prior to my arrival thus
saving me time and effort.

Although I brought my Elecraft K3 radio and power supply with me, I borrowed a
MFJ Versa Tuner V, Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1.2KFX Amplifier, and vertical antenna
from Peter.

The Barbados Amateur Radio Society meets each Friday evening and were very
gracious hosts.  Recently a series of classes were held and there are now
eleven (I think) individuals waiting for their first amateur radio license.