[3830] RTTY WPX KU1T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jowoc1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX KU1T SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:13:40 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: KU1T
Operator(s): KU1T
Station: KU1T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 25:17

------------
   80:  136
   40:  486
   20:  332
   15:  267
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Bands were nicely open. Murphy was on vacations. Operator needs to learn about
RTTY  peculiarities  before next RTTY contest.
Best moment:
on 80m, I have a inverted V with peak at 55 ft. Great cloud burner, but not a
DX antenna by any measure.  Coming back from coffee break I see 4O3A calling ..
so I replied. Agn? agn? - replied again, and Ranko sent me his exchange. I sent
mine, heard agn? agn? and noticed that amp is on stanby... flippped amp on and
finished exchange.
Yep, was working (or he was working me - he was doing heavy lifting here) from
FM09 to 4O3A with 30W into a low inverted V... on 80m. Then we proceed to 40m,
and since I am very slow on retuning amp for a new band decided to try it again
with 30W. Lo and behold, went through on first overs. 30W, during contest, on
40m.. maybe I will try QRP one of this days.

Anyone needs a space heater called an amp :-) ??
Managed to get over 1200 Q - my best ever in a contest.

Thanks for all the Q, see you next time around..
vy 73, de ku1t.
_zjt