[3830] ARRLDX CW N6RV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kendrick.w@ca.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N6RV SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 16:16:24 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV
Station: N6RV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:   21    11
   80:   68    33
   40:  116    44
   20:  325    80
   15:  285    66
   10:  112    29
-------------------
Total:  927   263  Total Score = 731,403

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was tough staying the chair! It was equally tough trying to stay focused with
the adrenalin running at full tilt! The antennas played very well and thank you
everyone that pulled me out of the noise. All the bands were in play however
the long haul openings just were not there on 20m. Actually heard LP on 40 in
the morning and 80 opened very nicely at sunrise! Again missed any of the
Middle East openings. Did manage a JA run on 10m, 15m, 20m, & 40m! Particularly
interesting at 100 Watts and an 80m loop that is impossible to tune on 40m.

In general there seems to be fewer stations on but everyone moves from band to
band. I can picture in 20 years only a handful of us jumping from band to band
and only taking up 10 KHz at that!

Next year will be fantastic!

Station:

Flex 5000A 100 watts