[3830] ARRLDX CW N7AT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7AT M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:25:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA KC7V KS5A K1YR
Station: N7AT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  120    45
   80:  272    77
   40:  984   101
   20:  755   106
   15:  657   108
   10:  151    48
-------------------
Total: 2939   485  Total Score = 4,276,245

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Station 1:
Orion II; Alpha 8410

Station 2:
FT-1000MP; Acom 1000

Antennae:
160 - 78' vertical (shunt fed tower) with 60 radials
80 -
a) Full wave, vertically fed, delta loop
b) Temporary 48'X22' Inverted L, erected before every DX contest, with 24
radials
80/160 Receiving antenna. Just the K9AY loop system for this one
40 - M-Squared 40M3L 3 element yagi up 71'
20/15/10 -
3 el SteppIR at 78', rotary
Bencher Skyhawk at 45', fixed east
5el 15m yagi at 61', fixed JA

This was a great time, with lots of operating time for all. Qsoâ??s were about
the same as last year but multipliers were 86 more this year. The low bands
were quiet and even this simple system was doing well there.

Totals for 10 thru 20 were down from last year, but the low bands this year
made up for it with a considerably larger score this year.

Good friends, great meals (tnx to xyl N7RQ) and lots of laughs make these
Multiop events special.

Best wishes to Fred NA2U, a regular op here. Fred had some serious back issues
the week before the contest and wasnâ??t able to participate. We missed you
Fred!

We did have a few anxious moments. A wide area power outage took us off for
over two hours and when the power returned the wireless router and cable router
needed to be rebooted several times before everything was normal. Operating
those lost three hours would have put us over the illusive 3000-qso mark.

In addition, we encountered a "never before" interstation phase noise problem
that I must put on the top of my troubleshooting list. A must!

But, what a ball!. Tnx to ARRL sponsorship and all the folks who worked us. CU
in the next one!

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club N7AT