[3830] ARRLDX CW KY5R SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KY5R SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 20:10:09 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   57    44
   80:  136    68
   40:  188    89
   20:  211    94
   15:  162   101
   10:   51    48
-------------------
Total:  805   444  Total Score = 1,072,260

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

never say never......Thought I would never try CW contesting again. It was ARRL
SS CW in 1975  which I thought would be the 1st and last CW event for me.
I had sponsored many CW events while in KP4(KP4BZ) but did little or no
operating thanks to the likes of NP4Z. The propagation to me was suspect for
the whole event however I was pleasantly surprised with 10 and 15 mtrs. All my
effort was S&P as I don't have enough confidence to handle a pileup yet. Hope
to be able to re-invent myself on this mode in the future. Had plans for a
multi-op effort however primary op's cnacelled so at least I got to exercise
the new antenna congfig myself. Great fun for an OF returning to the "primal
mode" after a few decades. TNX to all the DX stations for your activity. CU Agn
in the Phone weekend. Tim, KY5R