[3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:05:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   46    38
   40:  119    60
   20:   90    68
   15:  108    64
   10:   47    29
-------------------
Total:  410   259  Total Score = 318,570

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna:  43' DX Engineering Vertical, Remote Tuner at base, 32 Radials
Radio:    Yaesu FT-990 (Rebuilt) and MFJ 1026 Noise Cancellation with outside
aux antenna DX-LB 100' 160-80-40 Inverted Vee (Signal Enhancement and Noise
reduction for this weekend)  Writelog.

The local noise, suspected to be from illegal gambling machines 1200' away from
my station, has blanketed reception.  The MFJ-1026 allowed me to null the noise
and peak the signals... worked much better than I expected.

For low-power, simple antenna, and not located on the "right" or "left" coast
this operation was better than expected.  Conditions seemed good, even given
the threat of problems with the solar activity of recent days. 10-15% overall
performance improvement.