[3830] ARRLDX CW KL8DX SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, akdxer@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KL8DX SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:16:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL8DX
Operator(s): KL8DX
Station: KL8DX

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 18h33m

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1126    58
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1126    58  Total Score = 195,750

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Excellent conditions for a change with an exception of Sunday from
1900z to about 2100z. Alaska was DX in this contest so my antenna
stayed pointed in one direction. DC and WV were my last two lower
48 states and they came through with plenty of time to spare.

Lots of flutter and echo at times making copy a bit challenging but
most could hear me. The only exception is when many of the lower 48
stations are pointed to Europe with their antennas. Often times, I
can call and call and they won't hear me so I normally have to wait
until late morning when the antennas begin to follow the sun.

I decided on single band entry on 20 sacrificing my score. I had to
balance work with radio time so I wanted to take advantage of my
strongest band with the hopes of getting a sweep. The sweep did not
happen again as I missed NF, LB, NT, YT and NU in Canada. Someday...

Lots of great fun with the only downside being an abnormal amount of
dupes. Band was hot and by the looks of things, I missed some great
activity on 15 meters. My life story.

Thanks again for the contacts and sorry to those I missed. We had
wind and snow move in on Sunday which made things a bit tough. Wall
to wall CW made for good use of all the filters in my IC-756PRO.

Thanks again as not only did this contest challenge my CW speed but
also my keyboarding skills. With any luck, see ya in this one next
year!

73,
Phil - KL8DX
Denali National Park, AK