[3830] ARRLDX CW N8IE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ie@woh.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N8IE SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 06:30:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N8IE
Operator(s): N8IE
Station: N8IE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    7     7
   80:   62    36
   40:  151    65
   20:  175    69
   15:  126    16
   10:   20    16
-------------------
Total:  541   256  Total Score = 415,488

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I've taken a hiatus from contesting the past couple of years, more burn out than
anything. So I got a little pumped up this year and excited to have a go at it
again, while getting my station ready we get a nasty ice storm earlier this
month that took down my wires! I lost my inverted-vee and my inverted L, this
all but killed my 160 venture and really hurt me on 40 and 80. So I opted not
to do a QRP run without my main mojo, and just run LP.

I only had my Butternut HF-9V and the Mosley TA-33 Jr. perched on the garage.
Although I did get the wires up off the ground, they are basically hanging off
the tower and don't load well because of their close proximity to the tower.
Can't wait for spring, I'm going to get my mojo back! :-)

Any way, good times, good ops, and really surprised at how well I did. Awesome
to work JA's and VK's on 40 early Sunday morning. Also nice to work PJ2T on all
bands again. Worked the VQ5D gang 4 times, plus a several 4 and 5 bands
hookups!

A very part time effort but time well spent and good to be back in front of the
radio again.

Kenwood TS-570 @ 100W
Butternut HF-9V
Mosley TA-33 Jr.