[3830] ARRLDX CW K5NA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5na@ecpi.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5NA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:21:07 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   90    67
   80:  204    91
   40:  529   111
   20:  471   106
   15:  662   113
   10:  115    68
-------------------
Total: 2071   556  Total Score = 3,427,740

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was a nice contest with a lot of activity. I decided to do another low
stress single-op assisted and just chase spots and then run when I felt like
it.

It is good to see 10 meters come back a little. But it still has a long way to
go. I worked a few of the louder European stations, but probably missed a bunch
of them as well. Conditions to the west of here were about the same as previous
years.

On Saturday in the early evening, the noise level went way down for a couple of
hours and I seemed to be able to hear every European that was spotted. Then
about 0300Z the noise started building up again until late Saturday night when
it got hard to copy even the louder signals on 160M. But it was really nice
between 0100Z to 0300Z to be on the band.

This may be my best single-op score ever from Texas in the ARRL DX CW Contest.
It was fun.

73, Richard - K5NA