[3830] ARRLDX CW ES5RR(ES2RR) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, toivo.hallikivi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ES5RR(ES2RR) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:33:30 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ES5RR
Operator(s): ES2RR
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

  160:  204    39
   80:  278    40
   40:  392    50
   20:  795    58
   15:  276    40
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1945   227  Total Score = 1,324,545

Club:

Comments:

Not the perfect part of the World to operate this contest. Frustrating to hear
OH's working NA late at night on 20m when the band was closed here, at the same
time listening to Southern Europe running NA on 40m and not being able to hear
most of the stations they work... but I had fun nevertheless.

80m & 160m were quite decent, probably got carried away and spent too much time
there, therefore missing a bunch of Q's on 40.

During the daytime had a few short runs on 20 but most of the time it was a CQ
on 15m and S&P on 20m on the other radio or alternate CQ's on two bands. A
couple of times ended up having several stations calling on both bands and was
struggling to work everyone as fast as possible. On a few occasions this might
have sounded like poor operating with slow response times and extra "?'s" - my
apologies to the stations involved :-) But these were only short moments of
"happiness" and soon I was back to dual CQ's and begging almost every station
to call me also on the other band.

I checked 10 meters regularly but never heard a single beep there, not even
European multi-multis calling CQ.

73, Toivo, ES5RR

Rigs: 2xFT-dx5000 + PA's
Antennas:
10-20m: stack of 4 tribanders, stack of 3 tribanders, a single tribander
10m: 6/6 Yagi, 6-el Yagi
15m: 5/5 Yagi, 4-el Yagi
20m: 5/5 Yagi, 4-el Yagi
40m: two sets of 3/3 Yagis, 3-el yagi