[3830] ARRLDX CW PY2YU SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py2yu@terra.com.br
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PY2YU SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:45:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PY2YU
Operator(s): PY2YU
Station: PY2YU

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Sao Miguel Arcanjo
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1568    59
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1568    59  Total Score = 277,536

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Rig: TS-850S
Amp: Acom 1010
Pwr: 500 watts (sent KW because it is faster and easier).
Ant: TH7DX @ 21 meters

Hi guys, nice contest.

All bands sounded really good during the weekend. Before the contest start,
when I was finishing the coaxials cables of TH7DX (we changed it of tower), I
had checked 10m on that afternoon and see the band full of strong signals from
Europe and USA.

As my brother was running at PS2T SOAB, I decided to go to our station and make
SOSB 15M.

The goal was to reach 2000 QSOs, everything went good despite very low rates
all day, average 20 to 40 QSOs per hour. When the rate began to rise, at 20:41Z
due to lightning storm the power went out. The power returned only at 00:00Z on
Sunday ..... I lost 3 hours of high rate.

This things happen sometimes, unfortunately..

Congratulations to my younger brother, PY2NDX, by his great score here, in
southern Brazil, is not easy .... especially without being able to work well on
the low bands.

See you all in RDXC, probably.

73/DX

PY2YU - Tom