[3830] ARRLDX CW N3UM SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N3UM SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 19:46:35 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3UM
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: N3UM

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3.8

  160:
   80:  150    47
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  150    47  Total Score = 21,150

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Fri. I went to a nice concert with my wife. Granddaughter,
age 11, visiting Sat. A few things are more important than
ham radio.  So, I operated only in dark hours after concert
and after child's' bedtime, 80 meters only. Good signals
from EU both nights. First night fast S&P for a bit more than
an hour, 50 QSOs and 33 countries. Second night, ran at a
reasonable rate 0215-0305Z, lots of 100 watt EU stations.
Then, at 0305 the rate  dropped off a cliff: sensible casual
EU ops went to bed!  Reasonable number of big-gun EUs
still CQing, plus a few NA and SA, so picked up 14 more
mults and 100 more QSOs.  I was relieved that the solar
flare did not wipe out 80 meters: effects seem to have
subsided by contest time.