[3830] ARRLDX CW N1FD(WB1ADR) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1FD(WB1ADR) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:08:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1FD
Operator(s): WB1ADR
Station: N1FD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  124    58
   80:  245    75
   40:  703    98
   20:  165   103
   15:  433    90
   10:   38    33
-------------------
Total: 2408   457  Total Score = 3,298,255

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Operation was from WB1ADR's antenna farm
Rig : Rex's awesome K3
Amp: AL-1500 (upgrade from TL-922)

Antennas :
TH7 #1 @ 90 feet rotate
TH7 #2 @ 60 feet fixed EU
ATB34 @ 30 feet fixed SA
402-CD @ 100 feet
80m dipole apex @ 80 feet
160m Inv L
Bev -250 feet - P.O.S.
75 m 3 3ele vertical wire yagi - broken

This was my first foray in the CW weekend of ARRL DX.
It was fantastic.
Rex was a machine and gave me lots of good tips.
We shared op time and Q's pretty equally, but he expended much less energy!

This year I finally got my stack working (K1NQ stack match) and the
difference was tremendous. The low yagi on SA worked extremely well.

Luckily the band condx were excellent so lack of Beverage and other
planned RX ant's did not ruin the day.

I got incorrectly spotted (N1FB instead of N1FD) at hour #46 on 40m -
I thought the heavens had opened up - everybody on my zero-beat and most of
them dupes :-(

Excuses for not scoring higher:
Beverage was not checked out before the start and did not work.
75m 3 ele vertical beam broke in last week's windstorm, wouldn't have
worked on CW segment anyway.
402-CD worked awesome but SWR tanked sometime before contest start.
Old shack computer was overwhelmed, keyed rig ok and logged ok but
dropped spots continuously.

Thanks for all the Q's

Lee WB1ADR
Rex K1HI