[3830] CQ160 SSB VE4EAR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB VE4EAR Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:30:10 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 153  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 3  Total Score = 36,873

Club:

Comments:

Well i may as well have entered this as QRP, thats how loud I felt. 100W into a
loaded quarter wave sloper doesn't pack a punch. A real eqo booster loosing out
in pileups when EU is stronger than me to the west coast of NA. Maybe an
inverted L will be a better option next year.

160m from a small City lot is a challenge at best but the noise level and AM
intermod throughout the band is a real handicap. However in this contest I
could hear better than I was heard. In the CW event, it was pretty reciprocal,
I worked everything I could hear. No better reason to keep working on code
skills.

Thanks for all patience spent pulling me out of the noise.

See everyone in ARRL DX next week!

73  Ed