[3830] CQ160 SSB NR5M Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, georged@demontrond.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NR5M Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 14:42:31 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NR5M
Operator(s): NR5M
Station: NR5M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Hempstead, Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 29:15

Total:  QSOs = 1071  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 48  Total Score = 313,635

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Had some challenging moments when the computer slowed WAY down during the EU
run.  Finally ditched IE and things recovered.  I had 10 minutes of absolute
panic and furious hand-logging while I trouble-shot the problem.

On the other hand, the HUGE line noise problem that killed me last year was
almost gone.  Two and one-half days with the line crew at San Bernard Power
Co-op last fall worked wonders with the line infrastructure around the "farm."

Bottom line is that I could hear this year and that accounted for 14 more
countries (mostly out of Eu) and well over 100 10 pointers this year.

KH7Y told me that he had been calling me for some time and I didn't hear him at
first so I guess I still have some work to do. (Thanks Fred for your patience).

Thanks to all who worked me and I apologize to those I just couldn't "get."

George, NR5M