[3830] ARRLDX SSB AL9A(AL9AA) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AL9A(AL9AA) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:22:09 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9AA
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 14:52

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  174    34
   20:  946    56
   15:  540    51
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1660   141  Total Score = 702,180

Club:

Comments:

Kinda of a let down this year.  SFI the highest in years, but propagation on 20M
seemed marginal all weekend.  High winds here at start of contest made me keep
the crank up tower retracted Fri. night and only partially extended on Sat.
morning.  High latitude A index was 47 at the start and quickly jumped to 55!
How high does that number get?

Total QSO's down over 500 from last year, mostly due to lower 20M QSOs, and
despite a few more mults this year overall score was down over 100,000 points.
If this is what improved SF numbers does I'd rather have the solar minimum!