[3830] ARRLDX SSB N6RV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N6RV SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:27:10 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6RV
Operator(s): N6RV
Station: N6RV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:    0     0
   80:   43    25
   40:   29    15
   20:  206    72
   15:  308    82
   10:  139    41
-------------------
Total:  725   235  Total Score = 510,420

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks again to all the stations that pulled me out of the QRN and QRM! ZF2AH
asked if I was running QRP when I worked him on 40 meters. Sorry about the
dupes but when you do not identify for over 2 minutes I call and ask!

Another great contest has ended! Conditions were disturbed making it difficult
on 20 meters and impossible on 160 meters. 75 meters and 40 meters also
suffered. On the flip side 10 meters opened to Europe on Sunday (what a
surprise!) and 15 meters was wall to wall DX. Hopefully next year 10/15/20 will
be packed.

Highlights:

Caught Antarctica on 20 meters Saturday night
Deep Asians over the pole on 20 meters Saturday night
Europeans snf Africans on 10 meters!
10 meters open for hours!
15 meters better than 20 meters last year!

Low Points:
20 meters was noisy and crowded but not enough DX!
No 160 meters.
40 meters is always tough in SSB contests.
As always stations head to the highest band open leaving the others vacant!

Next year a new tower and antennas plus SO2R!