[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7VIT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gtwilson@k7vit.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7VIT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 17:17:40 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7VIT
Operator(s): K7VIT
Station: K7VIT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    0     0
   80:    6     5
   40:   27    21
   20:  140    50
   15:  136    40
   10:   49    17
-------------------
Total:  358   133  Total Score = 142,842

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Band conditions were good, although I thought the ARRL DX CW weekend was better
for me. On Saturday afternoon (local time), we in the Pacific NW were still
working Europe on 20 m. at moderate signal strength when I started receiving
very strong Asian signals coming in at what was past their midnight. That was
interesting 20 m propagation. There is hope for future good DX!

I am a search & pouncer for the most part because of the little pistol syndrome
at my QTH. To post some humor, I heard one of those stations from the southern
part of the western hemisphere where OPs apparently are not required to ID
often. The OP did not ID for several minutes, but had a pretty good pileup
perhaps because of a cluster spot. I heard him get irate with a stateside
caller yelling at him, "Will you give me your call? I need your call!" The
calling station yielded his call, but no callsign ever came from the DX OP.
:-)) It saves time if you don't ID. (I don't know about busted Q's.)

Domo arigato. Sayonara
73,  Jerry