[3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W9RE SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 17:36:11 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   41    29
   80:  137    65
   40:  380    84
   20:  776    99
   15: 1086   102
   10:  389    74
-------------------
Total: 2809   453  Total Score = 3,754,917

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Predicted rare thunderstorms in the Midwest produced about 3 inches of rain at
my QTH, most of it during the first night so the low bands were awful but it
made taking 4 hours off an easy decision.  The rain static made all top
antennas useless.  Static was S9 on top antennas and about S1 on lower ones.

No one told me about the LP on 10!  I might have been asleep anyway.  I got up
so late that 20 meters was in full swing by the time I sat down.  I have
determined that my 20 meter system is in need of an upgrade I just get stomped
on that band by locals with single antennas.

Had some nice hourly rates on 15 and also on 10.  I was having a good 150 hour
on 15 but decided to abandon it for Europeans on 10 and I think it was the
right decision but I was never able to get any rate back after returning from
10.

Nice to work some nice Asian mults  on 20 beaming Europe.

Thanks for the Q's and great overseas participation.