[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5GO SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5go@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5GO SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:14:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: K5GO

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1662   113
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1662   113  Total Score = 563,418

Club:

Comments:

Decided a couple days before contest that I would try a single band entry, stay
on schedule and not lose any sleep over it.  15M seemed like the best band to
try.  Conditions were good and Europe was still coming in on Sunday with about
2.5 hours left in the contest. Wasted about 30 minutes of prime JA time trying
to work BX5AA and the closest he got was K5AO.  It all worked out when two of
them called me Sunday afternoon. Worked all the multipliers I heard.  Was glad
to work a bunch of European dupes once I saw that the first "contact" from a
lot of them was made on the same run frequency a few hours earlier and it
became obvious I had shared it with someone I could not hear.

K3 + IC-765 + AL-1500

10 Element, split boom Yagi (104 feet)fixed on Europe at 60 feet, Rotating 7
element (56 foot boom) at 90 feet and 4 elements at 30 feet to SE.

Station details at www.k5go.com

73 and thanks for the contacts/fun.

Stan, K5GO