[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:45:58 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H W1UJ W1TJL NB1U AA1CE K1EBY K5ZD NR1X
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   55    40
   80:  359    75
   40:  364    87
   20: 1348   115
   15: 1745   117
   10:  181    72
-------------------
Total: 4052   506  Total Score = 6,068,964

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

48 Hours of SSB had the crew looking pretty tired at 0000Z. The usual
 crew with the addition of W1TJL who has been a regular in SSB contest
 here and about 8 hours from K5ZD. Randy volunteered to work the
 overnight the second night but the bands just weren't good enough
 and our lack of a horizontal 40M antenna didn't allow us to take
 advantage of his talent.Thanks for stopping by Randy!

 This was an "Iron Pants" contest between W1TJL and W1UJ. The final
 QSO by Operator numbers had W1TJL with 1355 QSOs and W1UJ with 1300. I
 have to say that there was probably some error there as not everyone
 made sure they "OPONed" but regardless of that , these two guys spent
 ALLOT of time in the chair. To have AA1CE finally get some chair time
 was also nice. Dave is the main climber and always spends more time
 up a tower than in a chair.

 This link should work to get to many statistics:

     http://w1uj.net/SH5/2011%20ARRL-DX-SSB%20KB1H/

 During the last 5 minutes we had a Titan amplifier go up in smoke. Really
 the only new failure during the contest.

 Lots of food brought by everyone and prepared by the XYLs. N4XR stopped
 by for the feast. W1TJL even brought a bread maker and we had fresh
 bread with one meal.

 Sunday morning 20M run was phenomenal with lots of rare Asia mults
 calling in.

 Thanks to everyone for the QSOs especially our Barnstormer in Spain,
 EA3QP Eugeni who made a special effort to get on Saturday and give
 a QSO from AM3SSB station.

 Limited WPX activity is planned for the NZ1U gang as everyone wants
 to operate from home and use the rare prefixes they have gotten.
  73 Dick