[3830] ARRLDX SSB N3RS SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N3RS SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 18:46:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 31.5

  160:   33    29
   80:  121    61
   40:  200    74
   20:  687   101
   15:  837   115
   10:  214    77
-------------------
Total: 2093   457  Total Score = 2,864,019

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The Power Company finally got out earlier in the week to fix the noise that was
S-8 on all bands.  We called our usual M/2 effort off because we didn't know if
the problem would be fixed in time, so I decided to do a SOAB(A) effort.  This
isn't my favorite mode by a long shot and sitting in the chair over 31 hours
makes me wonder why I do phone contests.

My approach was supposed to be casual, but I got sucked in to putting more time
in than I planned because of the vastly improved HF conditions.  I slept through
both nights, so the low band results are not so hot.  Also had to miss several
prime hours during the day to get my meals (XYL was away) and also take care of
some family stuff.  I only called CQ during the peak hours and used the spotting
net for most of the QSOs.  Still lots of busted calls, but it didn't seem as bad
as when you are trying to bleed the last few QSOs out of a band.

This marks the 57th year of contesting for me.  See you in the CQWW Contests
later this year.

73 de Sig, N3RS