[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3CV SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3CV SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 20:07:42 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Varna
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:    0     0
   80:    9     6
   40:   30    21
   20:  117    49
   15:  125    54
   10:   63    30
-------------------
Total:  344   160  Total Score = 165,120

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Had to miss most of Saturday, so just a fun S&P effort.  Friday night was
painful with low band QSOs like pulling teeth and severe rain static.  Sunday
was just great with 10m and 15m open.  Best catch was ST2AR on 10 during his
sunset.

A good test of the DXE 5-band hexxbeam with 100w. FT-1000MP worked great and
sure needed all the filters I picked up at Dayton last year. N1MM worked
flawlessly and it was great fun watching the Live Score webpage.  I had quite a
race with a few stations in SOABLP.  Too bad more stations don't turn on their
live score reporting in N1MM.  Why not? It is a great motivator!

Downside of the contest were the several station overdriving and splattering
all over the bands and running CQ loops with 5 second spaces to listen for
callers!  I couldn't even get my callsign out once before the next CQ would
start.  Some DVK messages were unintelligible.  Also, the DX runners that just
call QRZ with no ID for up to 5 or more minutes!!!  The Assisted stations know
who you are , but us unassisted S&P OPs really get penalized waiting for a
simple station ID to avoid dupes.....

Thanks to all the great ops who made the effort to pull me out of the bedlam on
20m.  Had a great time, despite all the griping....

73
Jeff, VE3CV