[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vxu@kc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0VXU SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 21:00:21 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 31:30

  160:   11    10
   80:   64    43
   40:  135    69
   20:  253    78
   15:  303    92
   10:  167    55
-------------------
Total:  933   347  Total Score = 969,171

Club: KC CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Wow!  Mr. Sun really showed up for this one.  Great conditions all weekend,
especially on 15 and 10 meters.  For us in the middle of the country, the
downside was a thunderstorm that went through Friday night and Saturday which
really nixed 160 and 80 meters.  Still, though, the contest was a lot of fun
and excitement.

It seems I will never be able to operate the whole contest period....always
something coming up that cuts into operating time.  Further, age has something
do with it -- just can't go more than 16 hours without some cat naps.

This was not an outstanding effort on my part, but rather a decent performance
considering all of the interruptions throughout the test.  As such, S&P was the
mode of operation collecting mults instead of Qs.

Thanks to all who gave me QSOs with a special big thanks to the fellows on 80
meters who pulled me out of the mud.  Sorry that I couldn't hear well on Friday
night.

Great to see many familiar calls in this one.  A special thanks to Robin,
DU9RG, on 15 and Ian,VK3MO, on 20 long path for picking me out of the pileups.
Great, too, to catch Mac, JA3USA, my friend of many years on 15 meters.

You may Look forward to seeing many of the callsigns in this contest and in the
CW contest in the upcoming KCDX Club Pileup contest in Dayton this year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU