[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 21:22:46 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    4     4
   80:   42    32
   40:  189    61
   20:  521    87
   15:  500    71
   10:  116    24
-------------------
Total: 1372   279  Total Score = 1,146,690

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

With a rising solar flux and so much new sunspot activity, I was really looking
forward to this contest.  Then around mid-week a nasty head cold set in, and by
Friday afternoon I was miserable.  Headache, runny nose, sneezing, cough, and
horrible congestion, I decided to ignore my symptoms and operate anyway
thinking conditions would be the best we have seen in years.  I was able to
operate the first 20 hours or so, but felt so bad by early Saturday evening, I
had no choice but to call it quits and get some rest.

Based on most comments, it sounds like Sunday was better than Saturday.
Saturday did produce nice JA runs on 10m, and G, F, and EA runs on 15m.  That
alone was worth hanging in there.

Thanks to all for the Qs!

73 de Mitch, K7RL