[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2PP(@W2FU) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2pp@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2PP(@W2FU) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:37:16 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2PP
Operator(s): N2PP
Station: W2FU

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Rochester, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1631   111
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1631   111  Total Score = 543,123

Club:

Comments:

First, thanks to Jeff (W2FU) for use of his wonderful station this weekend.

Secondly, thanks to the thousands of amateurs around the world who turned out
to work the U.S. and Canada contesters this week end.   Without their
involvement there would be no ARRL SSB DX Contest.

What a contrast compared to the previous ARRL CW weekend when I was part of the
W2FU multi-multi team.  This time there was only one radio (a K3), one logging
computer, and one operator.   The station seemed lonely without the normal
hustle and bustle of the W2FU team.  My only companions this weekend were a
flock of geese that descended on the frozen pond outside and a herd of white
tail deer which periodically pranced by the window during Sunday's snow storm.
The other things I missed were the constant encouragement of the multi-multi
team, operator reliefs for bathroom breaks, and the very good food we enjoy at
the multi-multi.
The biggest surprise was the amazing conditions on 15 meters.  It has been a
long time since 15 opened before sunrise and closed 3 hours after sunset.
Signals were loud and conditions were changing often.  European signals finally
disappeared around 2200z and were replaced by Asian signals about the same time.
 The SA, CA, and Caribbean signals were plentiful and strong. It was music to
the ears to hear 10 and 50 watt stations calling from Japan and 200 watt JA
stations running eastern N.A. stations.
Thanks everyone again for all the QSOs and congratulations to my W2FU operating
buddy V31AM(N2ZN) for his great low power DX score.
Vic,  N2PP