[3830] ARRLDX SSB P40V(@P49V) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB P40V(@P49V) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:20:19 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: P40V
Operator(s): AI6V & W5AJ
Station: P49V

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  118    33
   80:  401    54
   40:  901    57
   20: 1063    61
   15: 1003    60
   10: 2249    58
-------------------
Total: 5735   323  Total Score = 5,557,215

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hello, All.  I had four surprises this weekend.  It was W5AJ's contest, and the
first surprise was that he wanted to operate it M/S with me(the old guy)in the
new low power class, leaving me vocally challenged, as the only phone ARRLs
I've ever done(and there have been a few)have been signing 59K, so 59 Hundred
didn't always come out easily.  Hi,hi.  The second surprise was seeing 10
meters as good as it was in the old days down here.  The third surprise was
hearing 160 meters in the worst condition I've ever heard it in.  The fourth
surprise was how well W5AJ operated, keeping a steady, fast pace without using
up energy yelling into the mike.  He was a pleasure to work with.  We both
thank you for all the Qs.  73  Carl and Robert