[3830] Commonwealth VE7CC(@VE7SV) Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7cc@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE7CC(@VE7SV) Open-24 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:35:41 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE7CC
Operator(s): VE7CC
Station: VE7SV

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   49
   40:  135
   20:  199
   15:   83
   10:   43
------------
Total:  509  Total Score = 7,485

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were terrible, especially to the UK.  I really expected much better,
but it was not to be.

I actually worked more VE stations than UK this year. (173 vs 169)

On 15 I only worked one UK station, GM3POI.  Clive was loud, but there was no
one else to be found.  I worked him very late, 2015Z.  Maybe no one else
checked at that time.  The 20 meter opening to the UK was poor and short(4
hours & 107 qsos).  The 40 meter opening to the UK was almost non existant
until right at European sunrise.  I made 61 UK QSOs.  Although Clive GM3POI and
I made many attemps, there was no opening at all on 80 to Europe.

Conditions to VK/ZL were pretty good.  Even worked Dave 9M6/VO1AU

Many 5 banders.  Nice to work many old friends.

The starting time of 1000Z could not be worse for us out here.  Too early to
get much, if any sleep at all before it starts.  I was up all day Friday and
started the contest with no sleep at all.  At 0800Z after 22 hours of
contesting I had to quit.  I could not keep my eyes open any longer.  I figure
I probably lost no more than 12 contacts by not operating the last 2 hours.  At
times the last 10 rate meter showed as low as 5 qs per hour, even when really
trying hard.

Lee