[3830] Rus DX K6UFO SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX K6UFO SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:21:26 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: K6UFO

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   57     0        16        18
   15:
   10:
Total:   57     0        16        18  Total Score = 13,328

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I jumped in for about three hours total, all on 20m CW, to experience this
contest, and to see what Russians and DX I could work while QRP from the USA
West Coast. Just after sunrise was tough going, hard to reach across the USA
and Atlantic ocean to work Europeans, especially if there was a pileup.  I
tried again just before sunrise, and had much better luck, working Asia and
Pacific.Pretty fun, I think I'll be back next year.
K6UFO

Equipment used Yaesu FT-1000MP turned down to 5 watts
Antenna types by band 20m 6 element long boom yagi
ASL 400 ft and above ground elevation 60ft
type and length of coax cable 3/4 inch hardline 600ft and RG-213 90ft