[3830] Rus DX A71BX(K5GN) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] Rus DX A71BX(K5GN) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 06:16:49 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: A71BX
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: A71BX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Qatar
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    29    0        16        15
   80:   308    0        45        52
   40:   704    0        60        61
   20:   478    0        64        62
   15:   685    0        70        59
   10:   646    0        64        62
Total:  2844    0       319       311  Total Score = 12,233,970

Club:

Comments:

Spring condx and a slightly improved solar complexion made this a very fun
weekend event on the radio. Lots of Europe activity, lots less elsewhere,
understandably so in JA-land - our prayers have been with you all.  Did not
hear NA on 160 but the temporary beverage made it easier to hear Europe.  Did
work many W/VE on 80-15, and two W's on skew path on 10m.  Also worked WH6R on
long path on 20 and 40.

This was the first time to operate SO2R from Ali's station with Win-Test and
MicroHam.  Last time SO2R was with TRLOG back in Texas 5 years ago, so it was a
steep learning curve!  I need to find a way to be less fumble fingered and rusty
at the start (and the rest of the way through, too).  Congrats to the front
runners who made serious rate the first few hours!

Thanks to Ali for allowing me to pilot the station.  Nothing broke!

See you on the bands again soon, I hope.

73

Dave K5GN
Doha, Qatar