[3830] Rus DX KM1W(@W1KM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX KM1W(@W1KM) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 07:44:01 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: KM1W
Operator(s): W1KM,W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    77     0       32         6
   80:   166     8       51        19
   40:   453    19       74        39
   20:   623    22       94        70
   15:   620     9       75        50
   10:    24     7       31         0
Total:  1963    65      357       184  Total Score = 6,792,255

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The rules say that M/S entries are all multi-mode.  I guess you can say we were
multi-mode, but 95% of our Qs were CW!  Of our 65 SSB Qs, 48 of them were
mults.  I think you can see our strategy.  Greg W1KM and myself were the
operators, and we had a blast!  Greg had to leave about 4pm Saturday, so after
that it was just me as the operator.  Still fun!

160M was noisy, never did hear a DX SSB signal on that band.  Lots of CW,
though.
80M was up and down.  ZL1BYZ and NH2T both heard me, but I couldn't hear either
of them well enough to get their number.  40M was fun; early Sunday morning it
was the only game in town for a couple of hours.  20M finally overtook 15M for
Qs on the strength of an 89 last hour.  15M was so good Saturday, we just had
to stay there instead of splitting run time with 20M.  10M was a
disappointment, although we did make 19 Qs between 16 Qs between CQ zones 14
and 15 (but no 16).

All in all, a fun weekend!

Thanks to everyone for the Qs.

Dennis W1UE