[3830] Rus DX W6YI(N6MJ) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dann6mj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX W6YI(N6MJ) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:27:01 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:     7     1        5         1
   80:    61     4       17         4
   40:   263   166       68        34
   20:   298   175       72        53
   15:   368   313       86        30
   10:     4    18        8         0
Total:  1001   677      256       122  Total Score = 2,955,582

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Jim, W6YI, for the use of his station.

Conditions were interesting this year.  I was hoping we would have better
conditions than in the past, and they were a little better, but still not
great.  20m was a major dissapointment.  There was so much absorption during
daylight hours that it was impossible to run EU on 20.  Also, the over the pole
opening in the evening was very poor.  I was hoping to pick up a lot of the
missing oblasts during this opening, but it never opened into European Russia
for me.

15m was in great shape.  The band popped open right at sunrise, and I had
several 100+ hours on 15 cw to EU.  If it wasnt for 15m, this would have been a
very boring contest.

40m wasnt its usual self either.  There was no long path opening to speak of in
the morning, and I couldnt get any runs going in the evening.  A lot of the
Russians that I heard couldnt copy me.

73,

Dan N6MJ