[3830] Rus DX Z37M(F4BKV) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX Z37M(F4BKV) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 15:04:38 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: Z37M
Operator(s): F4BKV
Station: Z37M

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: KN11BS
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:          168      34        36
   80:          351      52        45
   40:          452      62        55
   20:          627      63        69
   15:          411      69        54
   10:           21      16         0
Total:   0     2030     296       259  Total Score = 7,131,828

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Z37M Stip Radio Club to host me for the second time and let me operate
their nice station for a single-op event !

Minor issues this time, but the most important was the CAT connection problem.
For some strange reasons, it keep desync randomly with Wintest about 50 or 60
times during the contest (band was still ok, but not exact freq.) and I had
close/open the software each time to solve it .. loosing lot of precious
minutes !
 this could have been ok, but with this new rule change ...I was very stress to
try to keep the freq. at the exact khz !!  I think too much rules finally kill
the fun of the game, and we are just amateur, spending time on our hobby so
maybe someone should ask the 'rulers' to stop their crazy ideas :) The Russian
contest was (and it still ) a very fun game, so please, think to not make it
too complex for us to play ...

Another minor issue during operations was that rotators controllers were not
showing the beaming, so had to go outside the station to see where i beam (or
someone from the Z37M was kind enough to go outside for me hi !)

Congratulations to DR1A and OE4A for the nice scores in the same category !

Specials thanks to Venco Z36W for organising my trip, to Chris Z35X for driving
me from/to the airport, and to Tone Z36N, Momo Z31MM, Igor Z32ID and others for
the nice time spend at the station, and for your support during the contest !
Hopefully we meet again next year

73

Vincent F4BKV
http://www.f4bkv.net