[3830] BARTG KI7MT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7mt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG KI7MT SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 22:46:40 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: KI7MT
Operator(s): KI7MT
Station: KI7MT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   80:  110       5         16
   40:  285      21         19
   20:  364      44         18
   15:  124      17         26
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  883      87         79  Continents = 6  Total Score = 879,468

Club:

Comments:

First, I'd like to say Thank You to the JA operators for taking time out from
what must be a very chaotic situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with you
all, in hoping for a swift recovery from such a tragic set of events.

Thanks to BARTG for putting on another great event, and to all the contesters
that participated..

I went into the this one with higher hopes than I have in the last few major
tests, as the last couple of weeks actually showed signs of band recovery, but
it was not too be.

I had goal of 1000 Q's or more. I over slept by 3 hours Sat. morning, that
didn't help :-) but the bands had other plans, so it was not to be.

80m was fairly rough Friday night, even worse Saturday after a snow storm
rolled through in the afternoon. 40m was working but very scratchy. 20m was ok
early on, but was really soft to EU on Sunday morning / early afternoon. 15m,
well, one of these days it's going work to EU from here "I hope". 15m was
working well to Carib, JA, OC, a bit of AF, but nil to EU. I was amazed at the
number of spots sent from east coast stations, yet nothing heard here. Didn't
hear much of anything on 10M, but that's normal.

Lots of new calls in the log and from reading previous contest comments, it
seems RTTY contesting is on allot of folks to-do-list these days.

Lots of highlights, but a few I remember off hand. HZ1PS called me out of the
blue on 20M, asking about WY after the Q, so had a quick chat, as I also needed
WY on bands for RTTY. P29CW came in with a big signal on 15m, as did 9M6XRO,
ZL3TE, VK6GOM and a couple other VK3 / VK4 stations. EA6BH called in way late
in the day Sunday on 20m, and was louder than locals, same for ER5LL.

Logs will be sent to LoTW and eQSL for those interested.

73's
Greg
KI7MT