[3830] BARTG KR1ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alex@kr1st.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG KR1ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:32:36 -0700
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 17.38

   80:   70       4         14
   40:  195      28         14
   20:  183      31         19
   15:   76      26         11
   10:   18      10          0
-----------------------------------
Total:  542      99         58  Continents = 5  Total Score = 425,470

Club: Wireless Wires

Comments:

Rig: IC-756ProIII
Ant: 40, 20, 15, 10m: 46ft NE/SW doublet at 52 ft
     20, 15, 10m: 33ft N/S doublet at 50ft
     80m: 160m Inverted L trapped for 80m with 22 radials

Conditions were not good, but good enough to have fun. I think the openings on
10 meters were better than the number of QSOs indicate. Maybe a lot of
operators don't keep an eye out for 10 meters. Of the 10 countries I worked on
10 meters, 8 were in the EU, so I think it could have been better if more folks
would throw out a few calls instead of just doing a quick scan and switch bands
when they don't hear anything. Remember, you have to stay there anyway for 5
minutes...

I'm surprised about how few South American stations I worked, zero African
stations, and only one VK. Finland seems to be especially well represented in
my log. Best DX was HZ1, JA, and VK. It was a fun contest to work.

A special shout out to all the Japanese stations that were on the air while
they are going through such a bad ordeal. Our thoughts are with you.

Thanks for all the Qs! See you in the next one!

73,
--Alex KR1ST.com
http://www.airlinkexpress.org