[3830] WPX SSB N7RQ SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7rq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N7RQ SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:38:51 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N7RQ
Operator(s): N7RQ
Station: N7RQ

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: Mesa AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 26

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1492
   10:
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

A whale of a party, thanks to some long-time-no-see propagation.  Wall-to-wall
signals and lots of folks to work.  Nice to finally work well into eastern
Europe after such a long wait.  Interesting propagation in the evenings opened
a window to western Russia and Ukraine via longpath and I could hear UZ2M and
RK4FF at S9, though they couldn't copy me through the wall of JAs.  I finally
worked them both Sunday morning, following an opening to EU a few minutes after
sunrise.  At the end of the contest, worked many JA and other Asia, along with a
great polar path opening to OH and SM.

Many thanks to my no. 1 cheerleader, Bob Epstein K8IA, who baked chocolate chip
cookies that provided the necessary ingredients for a successful and fun
single-band effort.  Whatta guy!!