[3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NX5M M/M HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 19:13:13 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B, N5XJ, KJ5T
Station: NX5M

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 37

------------
  160:  103
   80:  311
   40: 1189
   20: 1540
   15: 2252
   10:  469
------------

Club:

Comments:

We did exactly what we said we were going to do for the most part...and that was
to not do this one seriously except for the time that we were in the operating
chairs.  It was to be a "loose" operation.  Loose means:  If you need a break,
take it.  If you need to go potty, do it.  If you need to eat, go eat.  If you
want to sleep, go catch some Z's.  I mean really, how in the world can it be a
serious multi-multi with four operators?  It can't, it wasn't but we were
really surprised by the score we attained.
The first night we all quit and went to bed around 0545z.  KU5B was the first
to wake up the next morning and got on the air at 1130z.  The rest of us
followed a few hours after that....no joke.  The second night we stayed in
there a little longer simply because we did not do squat on 80 and 160 the
first night.  KJ5T and N5XJ hit the shack exit around 0600z followed by KU5B
and myself around 0730z.  Once again, as morning came about, KU5B was the first
idiot in the shack at 1230z.  N5XJ and KJ5T followed an hour later.  I did not
wake up until someone came into the house and slammed a door around 1400z.
OK, so we were not serious the "whole" time and we all got a good bit of sleep.
 In the end we only operated 37 hours and there were times in those 37 hours
that there was only one or two operators in the shack.
Saturday we were looking at our multiplier total instead of the score.  Knowing
that in 2004 we had set the W5 multiplier record at 1107 we knew we had a shot
at that so we kinda made that our goal.  1107.....obliterated!!!  Next, we
looked at beating the W5 score record.  10.7 million in 2004....obliterated!!!
We are all really surprised at the final score and can only wonder what we
really could have done if we had operated the whole contest.  Of course more
operators would have made that possible and maybe one of these days we will
have them.
This was fun for the most part.  Always amazes me how people can ask people to
move up or down on a crowded band when there is nowhere to move to.  That is
contesting folks.  It might not be as bad if those stations that run their mic
gain wide open would back off some.
See you in WPX CW.