[3830] WPX SSB N6WIN SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6win73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N6WIN SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:38:38 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N6WIN
Operator(s): N6WIN
Station: N6WIN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:   12
   80:  173
   40:  455
   20:  557
   15:  810
   10:  217
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This contest was awesome. Band conditions were excellent for 40/80m Asia runs
during my morning grey line. Europe/Asiatic Russia opening on 20m Saturday
night seemed endless... something I had not experienced before. I was able to
run Western Europe for the first times on 15m from home and at times had more
EU stations calling me than NA, well into my afternoon. It was funny how many
EU stations asked me if I was really in California?

I set out to top my last year's score. My equipment at home is much upgraded.
New C31XR @55' replaced TH7DX at 30'. New 2 element 40m at 70' replaced 40m
rotatable dipole at 35'. New 80m inverted-v at 53' replaced 80m double bazooka
at 27'. New Acom 2000A replaced a Heathkit SB-220. Also now have fully
automatic band switching.

This years SFI was around 113 vs. last year's 85.

The result: Nearly 2 million additional points earned.

Operating equipment:

Yaesu FT2000
Acom 2000A
LM354HD 54' Tower