[3830] WPX SSB N7ZG SOAB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N7ZG SOAB(TS) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 21:01:09 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Harstine
Operating Time (hrs): 32

------------
  160:
   80:   38
   40:  155
   20:  228
   15:  400
   10:  146
------------
Total:  967  Prefixes = 551  Total Score = 1,371,439

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Summary of conditions:

The A/K index was 1 for the entire contest weekend.  SFI was 115

Propagation was excellent on 80-15 meters and was pretty good on 10.  Got a
late start on Friday at about 1 am local time.  I was planning on starting at
about 10 pm but I drove all the way out to the station and forgot to bring my
power supply.  In retrospect I should have taken Friday off and planned my off
times for strictly from midnight to 6 am.   I was hoping to run JA's on 40 the
first night and sleep the second night.   The runs were poor/non-existant on
80/40.  I guess the folks in JA are recovering from the tsunami.  I'm wishing
them well.

The good news is that 15M opened to EU in a big way going from about 8 am to 1
pm local time.   20M stayed open to EU from about 1500Z to 0700Z with a great
over the pole opening on Sat night.  I wasn't in the chair during this time on
Friday so I'll see what other folks have to say about this.   Also, 40M was
open to EU with very strong signals at sunset on Sat. evening.  I put about 20
EU Q's in the log with the inverted vee at 120'.   That is pretty good for the
PAC NW and 100W.   I was able go get some runs going to EU on 15.  Looking
forward to more prop like this.

Memorable Q:  5N7M called in while running EU on 15.

Antennas used:
160M Inverted L w/apex at 90'
80M vee at 140'
40M vee at 120'
3 el SteppIR at 105' for 20-10

This will be my last contest with these antennas as the monobanders will be
going up on the towers this summer.   Looking forward to it.

CU in the IARU this summer!

73,
Guy, N7ZG