[3830] WPX SSB N2RJ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rjairam@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N2RJ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 07:25:56 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N2RJ
Operator(s): N2RJ
Station: N2RJ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 25:49

------------
  160:    0
   80:   66
   40:  192
   20:  276
   15:  221
   10:   43
------------
Total:  798  Prefixes = 499  Total Score = 1,281,432

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I never really intended to do this contest low power all band, assisted, but I
did for several reasons. I was flat out burned out tired from work the week
before and had a prior commitment on Sunday that took up the morning and part
of the afternoon. As a result I also missed the EU run in the morning on both
Saturday and Sunday that I usually do, so my score suffered, I estimate by
about 20-30%. I did 26ish out of 36 hours because I could not devote the full
weekend to the contest.

Condx were pretty good. Not as good as ARRL SSB but pretty good nonetheless. I
spent about 80% of my time S&P, 20% running. 20 and 15 dominated QSO wise, but
40 meters dominated points wise. Worked lots and lots of Europe, Caribbean and
SA, but also quite a few KH6/7, JA, JT, BV, BY and lots of Asiatic Russia. I
worked a few SA and NA on 10 meters but I think I also worked Hawaii there too.
I haven't run over my log for DX yet but I am sure I picked up a few new band
fills and an all time new one for me (Taiwan).

Some things were not so great, such as the guys who go on for 10 minutes and
more without IDing, the overdriven splatter mess, distorted audio and bogus
cluster spots.

798 QSOs, just TWO shy of 800. Darn. I made 499 WPX, just ONE shy of 500.
Double darn! Missed it by >>THAT<<< much.I was really trying hard in the last
few moments before the clock struck and signaled the end of the contest and the
beginning of quiet bands.

I had a good time and while I think I could have done better I think I like my
score somewhat.

Next test for me will probably be IARU.

Thanks for all of the QSOs and 73

WPX SSB - 2011-03-26 0000Z to 2011-03-28 0000Z - 798 QSOs
N2RJ Max Rates:

2011-03-26 0033Z - 3.0 per minute  (1 minute(s)), 180 per hour by N2RJ
2011-03-26 1519Z - 1.6 per minute  (10 minute(s)), 96 per hour by N2RJ
2011-03-26 1600Z - 1.2 per minute  (60 minute(s)), 72 per hour by N2RJ